FAMILIES ON THE ROAD

FULLTIME FAMILIES ON THE ROAD

Total Pageviews

Thank you for reading

We will try to keep you in stiches from laughing at our blog. Also we will try to keep you informed on just how fun roaming this country can be.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I grew up as an only child... but today I have a large family with 4 grown children, 7 grandchildren and #8 on the way! I spent 30 years in the IT industry. I am now on disability after suffering a stroke in February of '09 and hoping to make the best of my situation by traveling full time in an rv with my wife and my 6 year old granddaughter that we are raising.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I know, that sounds like a song.but it is tough waiting. The house is coming along real good. It's pretty close to finished. AND we have looked at soooo many RVs. We did find a dealer that we are real confortable with though. He is one that has done quite a bit of rving himself. and has done the boondocking or drycamping as well, so he is familiar with what it takes to be as close to self contained as you can get in an RV. He is the first one that didn't stutter when we asked him about adding solar panels to an RV. In fact he knew quite a bit about it. His dad had the dealership for many years, so he grew up around them and has no problem customizing them such as adding an extra water tank if you are concerned about having plenty of fresh water like Phyllis is. When we walked past my truck he looked in the bed and saw the gooseneck ball and quickly mentioned the adaptor to go from a fifth wheel to a goosneck hitch, which just so happens could save me $700 or more. I've taken the truck to the body shop to get the front fender fixed so the passenger door can open all the way. (this is where Kathryn, my middle daughter bumped a post at the bank one day) and they are replacing the rear bumper. This will make it not look so much like an old drunk driver's truck.:-) Maybe once the snow melts and stays away for a while, the house will be shown and some wonderful family will decide they want it more than we do. Then we can acquire our new home on wheels and get ready to rumble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment