FAMILIES ON THE ROAD

FULLTIME FAMILIES ON THE ROAD

Total Pageviews

Thank you for reading

We will try to keep you in stiches from laughing at our blog. Also we will try to keep you informed on just how fun roaming this country can be.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I grew up as an only child... but today I have a large family with 4 grown children, 7 grandchildren and #8 on the way! I spent 30 years in the IT industry. I am now on disability after suffering a stroke in February of '09 and hoping to make the best of my situation by traveling full time in an rv with my wife and my 6 year old granddaughter that we are raising.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The short part. I am going to get my truck looking better before we hit the road, that way we won't get laughed at so much, and won't look so much like the beverly hillbillies. So I got the first portion done at the body shop this week. Now Phyllis' door will open all the way. This is where KAthryn had bumped into a pole at the bank a few months ago, it pushed the fender back just enough to keep the door from opening very far. Also had the rear bumper replaced, that was my deal.

We are planning to see a lot of the national forrests where there are parking spots for little or no costs, they do not have hookups. So We will use inverters that run off the batteries and then a UPS or Filtered power strips. Well, it turns out that some newer appliances like TV's DVDplayers and such don't always work when plugged into these or generators. So, I have been doing some testing. I have been running my tv and stuff plugged into the battery backup unit that I had for my computer. It all works great. I think later this week I will hook up my Inverter in my truck , run an extension cord in the house to plug in my ups unit and test it. I would like to not have any unexpected problems when we leave. so the more testing the better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment